Saturday, May 10, 2014

Raymond A Fernando's letter to The Straits Time – Life Section: Png an emphatic gentleman


My letter to the Straits Times on the above matter is published the Life Section today – Saturday 10th May 2014.


I was delighted when Pierre Png (below) won the Best Actor award (Destined To Be An Actor, May 5).


Png is not only the perfect gentleman, but he also displays empathy and appreciates the little things people do. 


I was pleasantly surprised when Png and his wife, Andrea De Cruz, took time off their busy schedule to offer their condolences to me at my church when they read of my wife’s untimely passing. 


I guess they remembered me from way back in 2003 when I wrote them a poem to encourage them after Png decided to donate part of his liver to De Cruz.

 
 After the poem was published in the newspaper, I received a call from Png one night expressing his appreciation for the support.  

 

Raymond Anthony Fernando   

 

 

No comments: